Digital ACL Reconstruction Rehabilitation Program
All Banff Sport Medicine patients undergoing a primary ACL reconstruction will now be enrolled in our new digital rehabilitation program!
This program is designed to:
- visually demonstrate exercises suggested in the Banff Sport Medicine ACL reconstruction rehabilitation booklet
- provide on-going reinforcement about the importance of rehabilitation through automated reminders in the first 6 months following surgery
- automatically deliver recommended rehabilitation exercises and expected functional milestones to a patient’s email
- provide support to patients between physiotherapy appointments
- provide essential support to patients that can’t access a physiotherapist (patients in remote areas or those without benefits)
The goal of this initiative is to improve patient engagement and adherence in the first six months of their post-operative rehabilitation program following ACL reconstruction ~ a crucial time point that influences how well a person will recover.